15 June 2010

Quilt swapping


This is Windows, the quilt I made for a recent swap between members of the Australian/NZ Art Quilters online group. This morning I heard from the recipient, Annette, that my quilt had arrived, so now I can show you all.

I hand dyed the fabric earlier this year and then hand stitched it in squarish shapes to give the feel of windows. My stitching is irregular to provide the wonkiness that I love so much. I used the brilliant WonderFil Spagetti and Frutti cotton threads for the stitching.

Here you can see the stitching close up. I love stitches that aren't straight!

4 comments:

peppermintpatcher said...

Oh wow! This is just beautiful. I love your stitches.

Lisa said...

Love the hand dyed fabric, gorgeous colour!

Mrs A. said...

When I first opened your blog and saw the squares I thought Hmmm but the more I look at it the more I'm loving it.

JJ Sobey said...

I too love stitches that aren't straight. Any machine can do straight. I love quilts that you can tell were made by loving hands.