03 June 2010

Twelve by Twelve exhibition


An exhibition of 144 small quilts - the Twelve by Twelve collection - is currently on display at Gosford Regional Gallery until 23 June. 

Like many other quilt makers, I have been following the development of this collection through the group's blog so I thought I was quite familiar with the works. But when I had the pleasure of seeing these quilts in Melbourne last month, I was blown away by the sheer presence that the quilts had when viewed in real life. Photographs are wonderful, but they really don't do the quilts justice.

On Saturday 5 June, Brenda Gael Smith, one of the 'Twelves' will be presenting a floor talk at the gallery. If you haven't seen the exhibition yet, make sure you don't miss this opportunity! Brenda will be talking from 2pm and you will have ample time to get up close to these stunning textile works.

1 comment:

Helen Conway said...

Thank you - glad you liked them!