15 December 2010

I'm in hand piecing heaven

I've been busily hand piecing blocks for the past few weeks to make a happy, scrappy quilt. Here's a peek of part of some blocks from my design wall.

I confess that constructing this quilt is making me feel totally content. I think it's the rhythm of the needle through the fabric and the pretty colours of the fabrics from my stash. I'm so easily pleased.


  1. You are right to be pleased. This is delightful.
    I'm happy to have found your blog; started following.
    I totally agree on what you said about slow quilting.
    I work on a quilt for months, and I stick to hand quilting because it is so quiet.

  2. oooh - this is delicious! Reminds me of the days when I made quilts by hand. There is something so Zen about it that the machine simply cannot duplicate: too much like work! But I'll never live long enough to hand-quilt everything.

    Look forward to seeing you post this when it is done.


Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)