30 December 2010

Let's start sewing

Welcome to all the new visitors to my blog! I am pleased that you have stopped by and would love to see photos of your quilts if you use my pattern. I drew this pattern using Electric Quilt software - fabulous to use for diagrams.

Enough talking - let's get sewing!

Make the blocks
 Block A


Join matching 1 1/2in x 4 1/2in yellow strips to two opposite sides of one 4 1/2in pink square. Press the seams towards the yellow strips.

Join matching 1 1/2in x 6 1/2in yellow strips to the remaining two sides of the square. Press the seams towards the yellow strips. 

Make 45 Block A, as shown above.

Block B


Join matching 1 1/2in x 4 1/2in pink strips to two opposite sides of one 2 1/2in x 4 1/2in yellow rectangle. Press the seams towards the pink strips. 

Join matching 1 1/2in x 4 1/2in pink strips to the remaining two sides. Press the seams
towards the pink strips. 


Make 45 Block B, as shown above.

Check back here tomorrow for how to put the blocks together.

1 comment:

aykayem said...

I think I might have to make one of these next year. LOL
(well ... a couple of days time IS next year ... but if I don't get to do it then ... at least I will still have about 360 days to do it in ;-)
I am not sure what colours mine will be - depends what scraps/etc I can find in my sewing room.