23 May 2011

Not much progress on the kitchen

Well, that's not totally true. Progress has been made, just not as much as I would have liked. The old stove has been removed - I don't know why I put up with it for so long. I've painted the walls and cleaned the floor. This is the old floor.


Before you say what a nice patchwork pattern it would make let me remind you that I hate brown and am not fond of orange. I have disliked these tiles ever since I moved here 11 years ago. I can't believe it is taking me so long to change them.

Anyway, I won't have an opportunity to replace the tiles until next week, so they are still there, in all their 'glory'. Yuck.

Thanks for all the comments on my previous post. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is a plunger! It's always a treat to receive comments from blog readers. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

2 comments:

thelastpiece said...

Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to with your kitchen reno :) Having fun?

PAMELA said...

Yes I can see why you are are keen on changing your floor - may you enjoy the choosing. Just wondering too, if you have been able to play with the Saral transfer paper and can tell us about how and what you liked about it.