17 August 2011

Thimble love


I've been a hand stitcher for at least 25 years, but I've never found a comfortable and functional thimble that works for me. Thimbles either get in my way or fall off. I've lost track of the number of thimbles I've hurled across the room! 

Consequently, I have a hole in my finger. It comes and goes, depending on how long I stitch before it hurts too much and I, reluctantly, give my skin time to heal. 


That was before I was given a Clover adjustable thimble to try. It was love at first stitch. Having hand quilted for more than a dozen hours since Monday, I can happily say that my new thimble is now my constant companion. Thanks to my friend Sarah, the hole in my finger will be no more!




6 comments:

Sally Westcott said...

Oh Wow Erica, I think I need one of those! Been beading for days and the bandaid on my index finger isn't good! Thank goodness most of my quilt is black! Hides red stains.

When do we get to see the quilt?

Mimi said...

So happy for you! and thanks for the picture. The next time, and there will be a next time, I am trying to "find a better" thimble I will know what to look for.

Lisa Walton said...

SO funny to hear both you and sally complaining about your current quilts knowing that I am the cause but I am thrilled that the thimble was a success.

Di said...

I absolutely agree, Erica. I love mine :-))

Shari said...

I think I need one of these too. I can't seem to find a thimble that works for me.

Judy said...

Erica,

Thanks for this one, I cant use thimbles they wont stay on, so i shall give this one a try.