08 January 2012

National year of reading


Reading is like breathing to me. I can't live without it. This is why I'd like to invite you to celebrate 2012 as the National Year of Reading. There are fabulous resources here to help you spread the word.

Of course, there wouldn't be any readers in the world if there weren't any writers. Ryde Library has launched an ambitious project - the 366 day short story challenge - to encourage the love of reading and writing. 


You can submit a short story and see it published on the challenge's blog and, while you are there, read the stories by other writers. I even have a story there!

So, read to yourself, read to a child, read out loud - just read in 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)