11 February 2012

Circling

Several weeks ago, I watched an episode of Design Matters TV (DMTV), where Linda Kemshall showed how to knit cowls from left-over yarn. I had a bag of small balls of variegated yarns that I had purchased about five years ago at a craft show. Initially I thought I'd use them for couching on textile works but hadn't. Perfect for this project I thought.

This was also an opportunity to teach myself to knit on circular needles, which I had not done before. After a few false starts (I had no idea that the needles came in different lengths and I struggled to work out how to make my stitches fit until I discovered that the ones I had were too long). I bought shorter needles and I was off!

This is my cowl so far.



I love the variety of colours and textures. So easy to knit in a simple moss stitch pattern.



Before anyone else comments - yes, it's blue! Would you expect anything less?

1 comment:

Pinky said...

Very Nice!!! I wish I could do more than the basic "knit"... I just get all turned around whenever I try to learn new stitches!