06 March 2012

Rearranging

It all started when I wanted to buy a new desk. My friend Sue and I went to IKEA. Nearly five hours later, we exited with a couple of trollies full of things. I bought this - Vika Amon/Vika Curry.

It didn't fit in my car. Just as well it fitted into Sue's. 

Got it home and looked at it for a few days before deciding it didn't fit in the space I had allocated to it. Moved it to the sewing room, where it will fit nicely, once I reorganise the room and remove another table.

Back to IKEA, where I bought this - Vika Amon/Vika Alex. The drawers weighed 61kg, so some creative sliding of the package was required. Very happy because the desk fits nicely and all my messy things are stored in the drawers.

But the table I was previously using as a desk is now going to be the cutting table in the sewing room. So the bench I have been using as a cutting table has to move to the dining room. So the side table that was in the dining room has to go - somewhere?

Now I'm thinking another Vika Amon table would extend my corner desk in the sewing room to a useful size. The bookshelf would have to move, along with the sewing machine table....

I love the clean look of white so I know that after I eventually finish I will be very pleased that I started rearranging. However, it may take some time!

4 comments:

Chris said...

oh the joys of moving furniture.
I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Nola said...

Beware, IKEA is addictive!

It all sounds great and will be wonderful once you get it the way you want it.

Monica Johnstone said...

Mind your back--I'm picture you doing all this solo furniture moving--Yikes!

the nice clean legs means that stuff will fit under these tables. Wish my tables were more like that!

Stephanie from Perth said...

I'l be over in June if you still need a hand!!! I have to move house to rearrange my sewing space tho not lately thank goodness