28 April 2012

Springwood community quilt show

When I see a sign like this, I know to expect a treat.


The Springwood community quilt show is on for the seventh year and I was determined to go. I arranged to meet a friend for lunch at Springwood (she wouldn't let me back out) so I had the morning to drive to the beautiful Blue Mountains and visit the show. Look at all the quilts!


There were big quilts and small quilts; bright quilts and pastel quilts - everywhere.



Of course, I bought tickets to win the raffle quilt, a gorgeous blue and white Seven Sisters design. (It was made to come to me! Honestly, blue and white - fingers crossed I win.)

I admired the stunning quilts of Guest Quilter Lynne Alchin.

I chatted to the wonderful Isobel Lancashire, winner of the the 2012 Lut-Da Award, which goes to a quilter who has made an outstanding contribution to their local or quilting community via the medium of quilting.

I also caught up with the lovely Chris Jurd, a very talented quiltmaker who teaches all over the place!

I visited each of the TEN vendors there. It's worth going just to browse the stands for goodies. 

And, as I was leaving, I convinced one of the vendors to let me photograph her shoes. Aren't they fun?
 

The show is on again tomorrow at Springwood High School, Grose Road, Faulconbridge between 10am-4pm. I recommend a day in the mountains!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the pics of the quilt show......the last quilt show I attended before we moved from Sydney was this show, two years ago! It was a show I always enjoyed.

Chris said...

Thanks erica for the lovely plug!
Sorry you didn't win the quilt. It was supposed to got to me!
The winner was "Robert" - hope he appreciates it.
Great show with big attendance. There'll be some $ figures on the show blog soon.

adolly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adolly said...

Thankyou for the lovely photos and kind words for the Springwood Community Quilt Show. Lovely to meet you and lots of Sydney Guild members. I wonder which quilts were your favourites? Mark your diary now for the last weekend in April for the 2013 show. The "lurker."