03 February 2013

On the pond

Talented friend Sarah Fielke has just released a new range of fabric, exclusive to Spotlight stores in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.

I have been able to follow Sarah through her design process for these fabrics so I'm thrilled to see them available for purchase.


The ones I bought are beautifully folded in fat quarters. Lovely.
 

I am very pleased with the 'hand' of these fabrics. It is substantial but not coarse - just the way I like fabric for piecing projects.


Of course, once I had washed and ironed them, I started cutting and laying out pieces on my design wall. This is a traditional block I've been wanting to make for years. Loving this already!


So, where can you buy them? If you are in Australia, New Zealand or Singapore, go to Spotlight. If you live anywhere else, you can purchase from Sarah's online shop.

Sarah is also providing free instructions for an On the Pond BOM. You can see details about this here.

4 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow, these are beautiful!! I'll be keeping an eye out for them. I have some of her previous designs and love them.

Judy said...

Erica, They are such beautiful fabrics. It's so lovely to have our local quilters designing fabric.

Samelias Mum said...

These are lovely fabrics. Love the look of your block.

Patchwork and Play said...

Love the block!
(You commented on my blog, and it wasn't until I had typed my reply that I realised you were logged in as a 'no reply' blogger. Here is my answer:
Thanks Erica. It is based on the Material Obsessions 2 pattern. Mine, however, is EPP whereas I think the book one is machine pieced. I wanted a portable project at the time I decided to make this one. It has been a VERY long process and I am happy to be coming to an end!0