26 February 2013

Sea Glass pattern published

Hooray! Instructions for my Sea Glass quilt are in the current issue of Down Under Quilts magazine.
 

If you are looking for a simple one-patch quilt that features tumbler shapes, this is the pattern for you. I made my quilt for a queen-size bed (it measures 239cm x 229cm) but you could easily adapt the number of tumblers and rows to make a smaller quilt, if you prefer.

I chose to make this a low-contrast quilt because the colours are so soothing and restful - makes it easy to drop off to sleep! I've been sleeping under it very comfortably the past week - lovely.

I couldn't possibly quilt something this size, so the lovely Kim Bradley quilted an all-over Raindrops pattern on it. I finished it with my current fave of the moment - a striped binding.

Issue 156 of Down Under Quilts magazine
is on sale now. 

 

2 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely quilt Erica. Came up well in the mag too.

Di said...

Beautiful shades, Erica, and such a simple, serene pattern. Great work!