08 May 2013

Hand quilted with love

So, my friend Sarah Fielke said to me: would you like to write a post about my new book for my blog hop? OK, I said. Write whatever you like, Sarah said. Trusting, isn't she?

You may remember seeing some of my pictures before on Sarah's blog. Yes, she gave me her password and said: go for it. She was very busy doing other things at the time so she probably forgot to go and check what I did.


What was she doing? She was sewing:


to make:


writing lots of words:


to go into a new book!
So, while I was amusing myself drawing stick people, she wrote ANOTHER book. That would be this one:

It is a beauty. Hardcover, lovely paper, gorgeous photography, clear instructions, helpful diagrams and lots of information about how to construct quilts.

Oh yes, and 16 beautiful projects!


I thought: ooh, I'm going to make this quilt
(Ups and Downs - page 30).
Then I remembered that Sarah makes ENORMOUS quilts and I don't. (How she does it, I don't know.
She's obviously a better quilt wrangler than I am.)



I checked for pretty fabrics in my stash (ooh look! there are a lot of blue fabrics here - better use them up) and decided to make a square quilt with three zigzags instead of five.



Looking at my quilt makes me happy and so does Sarah's book. Surely that's all you can ask of a quilt book, isn't it? 

If you don't have a copy of Hand Quilted with Love, you can buy it here:
Amazon

Don't forget to check out these other great blogs.
(Bet you don't see stick people there, though.)

SewTake a Hike 4 May
Belinda Stitches 5 May
True Up 6 May
LilysQuilts (UK) 7 May
Creative Dabbling (Australia) 8 May YOU ARE HERE!
Mrs Schmenkman Quilts (USA) 9 May  
I'm A Ginger Monkey (UK) 10 May 
Petits Elefants -(Australia) 10 May
Prints Charming (Australia) 11 May
RedPepper Quilts (Australia) 12 May
HandMade by Alissa (USA) 13 May
Meet Me at Mikes (Australia) 14 May
Sew Mama Sew (USA) 15 May

6 comments:

sarahfielke said...

The quilting looks fantastic Erica I love it!

Belinda Gobbey said...

OOOOhhhhh!!! That's gorgeous!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love the colours and fabrics you have chosen here, very nice!

Lisa said...

This book looks great and I love that ups and downs!!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get a pattern for thus quilt?

Erica Spinks said...

It's in the book mentioned in my post.