21 September 2013

Saturday morning

What a lovely way to start the weekend! This morning I was fortunate to meet Lisa Tilse from the red thread. See - here's proof!


Lisa was teaching a workshop at the snazzy new Freedom Furniture store at Castle Hill. (It's a beauty - the settings and arrangement of furniture and accessories encourages you to linger - I did). 

Back to the workshop. Lisa was teaching us how to make coiled vessels like these. Aren't they great? Lisa made them using coloured raffia to make the stitches, but we could use any sort of yarn to get started.


 So, this is how mine started. Interesting multi-coloured yarn over calico.


By the end of the session, this is how far I had progressed with my small bowl. Very happy with that.


If you have the chance to take a workshop with Lisa, do! But if you are yearning to make your own vessels right now, go straight to Lisa's step-by-step tutorial to get started. It shows you everything you need to know.

I hope you enjoy making your own coiled vessels. I have plenty of ideas for future pieces, so thanks Lisa and Freedom Furniture for the fab opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Sydney Swan colours with a touch of blue!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)