Some links to explore:
* Fantastic idea from Mel Forrest - plant tags decorated with beads, ink, paint, wire and fabric and netting scraps.
* New workshop from Brenda Gael Smith: Logs and Ladders: Building with Improvisation.
* Blocking fabric: how to get fabric on grain. Craftsy shows you how.
* Did your ancestors live in Bendigo VIC in the
1890s? Strathdale Quilters are seeking decendants of the signatories on
a Heritage Signature Quilt from 1895. The quilt features 270
signatures, including some of Bendigo’s most prominent figures of the
* Want to enter a quilt in Houston this year? Here are the competition rules and entry form.
* Embroidery stitches booklet from Sew, Mama, Sew. Handy!
* The Bedford Mystery Quilt is on again in 2014!
In 2012, quilters across Australian joined forces to raise over $75,000
for the Bedford Group. Please share this with your quilting friends.
* Free guides to some techniques used by textile artist C. June Barnes. Try a new idea!
* I'm fascinated by maps and have discovered the textile work of Wendy Dolan. Fabulous.
* Judy Coates Perez to teach in Australia in 2014.
I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment if you have enjoyed any of these links.