Here are NINE links to interesting sites for you to explore this week. Enjoy!
* Registrations for classes at the Australian Machine Quilting (AMQ) Festival are now open.The Festival will be held in Adelaide, SA on 1-6 October.
part of the Western Australian Heritage Festival, the 1857 Dempster Quilt will be on display until 31 May at York Residency Museum, York WA.
* Congratulations to winners of awards from Expertise Events announced last week at the Australasian Quilt Convention:
Shining light Award - to recognise achievement by a junior quilter.
Winner - Clare Marshall
Lut-da Award - to acknowledge an individual who has made outstanding contribution to their community through quilting.
Winner - Faye Packham
Rajah Award - to acknowledge an outstanding contribution to quilting in
Australia, whether it be a contribution as a quilting teacher,
designer, author, historian, guild worker, retailer, etc or a
combination of work in several of these areas.
Winner - Michelle Hill
You can read about these award winners here.
* Also announced at AQC was the winner of the Bernina Best of Australia Award - Janet Treen, for her quilt Rings and Roses. You can see a photo of Janet's hand-quilted quilt here.
* Feel like a quilt-along? Corey Yoder from Little Miss Shabby has designed a small medallion quilt that's so pretty!
* Don't forget the Springwood Community Quilt Show, NSW is on 25-27 April (that's this week!). Details here.
* Learn how to write with paint on fabric in this tutorial from Lynn Krawczyk.
* Surface design expert Jane Dunnewold shares her best fabric foiling tips.
* Call for entries: Bernina Aotearoa Quilters Growth Challenge. 20 quilts will be selected to travel for a year. Entries close 1 July.