24 June 2014

A jolt of colour

It's going to be such a windy, gloomy day here today! I know that I am in need of some bright colour to cut through all that grey - what about you?


This glorious flower is one of many on my Zygocactus plants. The shimmer makes the hot pink colour almost look iridescent, doesn't it? I look forward to these plants flowering every year. With flowers like that, they aren't difficult to spot in the garden.



Generating a colour palette from this photo was fun. I used Color Palette FX to create this range of colours. A quilt with these selections would look fabulous. Why don't you try to create your own colour palette from a favourite photo? It might be just that colour jolt you need at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)