13 July 2014

Sunday painting

Today I painted some background layers for printed fabric, using the divine Derwent Inktense Blocks, water, a brush and some stencils.


For these two, I used the Artistcellar Pari stencil. I love the intricacy of the interlocking lines on this stencil and was happy to blur the colour in sections.




Since the background fabrics will be overlaid with some of my handwriting, I wanted to have text shapes on the first layer of a couple of pieces as well. For these two pieces, I used  stencils from the TEXTures 2 series by Jill K. Berry.


Now I need to create a couple of Gocco screens to use on the next layer, but that's a job for another day.

1 comment:

  1. You're getting some wonderful effects with those pencils. These look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)