13 August 2014

My book of the month: August

To me, reading is like breathing - it's an essential part of my life. I read a LOT of novels because, without reading, my creative life is not nourished. 

I'll be sharing my favourite book each month. I'll alert you now that my reading is eclectic and maybe not to your taste each time but, hey, we all need to be nudged in different directions, don't we?

My favourite this month is The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas Christopher Greene.


This is a beautifully-written and engrossing story about the grief of the headmaster and his wife, who live in an enclosed world. Their unravelling is harrowing. 

I won't give you the blurb for each book. If you are interested to find more about the story before reading it, I recommend Goodreads, which is fabulous community site of readers.  Reviews of The Headmaster's Wife are here on Goodreads.

Have you read this book?  

2 comments:

  1. Nope...have not read this one (yet!)...but if you keep giving me/us more books to read I won't get any art work done! :)
    Still listening to the Cuckoo's Calling!!! about 3/4's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will take a look..

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)