05 December 2014

My book of the month: December


In my opinion, this is Picoult's best novel so far. A wonderfully twisty plot combined with richly worked characters results in a story that is difficult to stop reading.

A novel should transport you to another place and time. It should take you inside the characters' heads so you understand their motivations. Leaving Time does this and so much more. There is plenty to savour in this tale of loss, grief and motherly love (and elephants). I cried. 

To read more reviews about Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, visit Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of JP's books - I'll look out for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great book. I'll look out for it at my library. It's always good to get recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip....holiday reading.

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)