Here it is - my last Textiles Tuesday for 2014. Have you enjoyed the links to interesting crafty events and websites I've shared with you this year? Today I have 13 items for you.
* Jenny Bowker has had so many requests for instructions for her Shimmering
Triangles quilt that she has released a pdf digital pattern. You can purchase it from Craftsy for immediate download.
It's a glorious project - check out the photo here!
* Do you need to upgrade your Electric Quilt skills? You can now take online classes direct from EQ University.
* For all you Bonnie Hunter fans - her latest mystery quilt, Grand Illusion, is now available!
* Printing with compressed sponge is so much
fun. If you haven't tried it, watch this video by Lisa Walton to see how! If you are inspired to try this technique yourself, you can purchase compressed sponge here.
* Did you know Facebook has changed the rules for use of business Facebook pages? Here's a useful post by Katherine Tyrrell about how to best use your business Facebook page (not personal page) in 2015.
* Do you keep a visual diary? This article from Brain Pickings may inspire you.
* Pat Sloan has announced her new, free, mystery Block of the Month quilt. It starts in January 2015.
* The Quilters' Guild of NSW Inc has announced a call for entries for Evolution, Change, Challenge: A Contemporary Quilt. Entries close 24 July 2015.
* Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr are coming to teach in Australia! Bookings are now open for
Brisbane workshops and lectures on 19-22 June 2015. This event is organised by Cecile at Unique Stitching. Classes will also be held in Sydney - details to be announced soon.
* Are you interested in dyeing fabric with
plants from your own garden? Read which plants Myf Walker grows in her
Victorian garden and see some of her work in this article from The Planthunter.
* Another 2015 event for your diary:
* Victorian Quilts Inc invite entries to their Remembrance Challenge 1915-2015. Entries close 1 June 2015. Full details here.
* The Tasmanian Art Quilt Prize for 2015 has been launched, with the theme History, Her Story. Entries close 31 July 2015. Full details here.
Have you found anything of interest here? Please make me happy by leaving a comment!