05 January 2015

Working, working...

I am immersed in an intensive bout of editing; technical editing of quilt patterns for a new book (not mine) to be published later this year. It's an exacting, but vital, task that involves an extraordinary amount of concentration.


It's a satisfying role; to organise and order instructions so that they are consistent and, if followed, will result in a gorgeous quilt. (I have to whisper to you that there are some absolute stunners in this book!) So yes, I do enjoy this type of work. Deadlines, though? Not so much although, after working as a magazine editor for six years, I am grateful to be now working with a single contributor instead of a multitude.

I'd better get back to it!

2 comments:

  1. And you have no idea how grateful I am that you are so organised and exacting! And thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I write a quilt pattern I have to reread it 50 times to get it right! I keep finding things to tweak and fix.
    Haha.
    Best wishes for a happy new year.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)