18 May 2015

Three things I like this week

Celebrating the small things that make life lovely!

1. Leaves. I've been photographing different leaves on my plants, both indoors and outdoors. This is a closeup of a dieffenbachia - aren't those curves and shade variations gorgeous? There's so much to see when you get up close to plants.


2. I've read four of the library novels I mentioned last week: The Chocolate Promise by Josephine Moon, Someone is Watching by Joy Fielding, The Country Practice by Meredith Appleyard, and You, Me and Other People by Fionnuala Kearney. Enjoyed them all and some of them may feature in my future book of the month posts. Stand by!

3. Sending tweets to authors after I've read their books. Twitter is the easiest way to spread the word about things you like - have you tried it? People who create things (books, magazines, quilts, gardens - anything, really) can often feel their efforts disappear into a black hole. Sending a quick tweet of appreciation is always well-received and I've had conversations with authors from different places, which would have been impossible without Twitter. You can tweet me @ericaspinks if you want to say hello!

What things do you like this week?

1 comment:

  1. I love close-ups of plants whether the leaves or flowers. Great inspiration for new quilts and quilting lines.

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)