19 July 2015

Nurturing

Hello! I'm popping in to show you what I've been nurturing since June - these tiny sprouted seeds of Aquilegia (you may know them better as Granny's Bonnet or Columbine). They are my absolute favourite garden flowers.


The seeds are tiny, black, glossy parcels of potential new life. I nestled them in moist peat pots in my windowsill greenhouse until the first sign of growth emerged. Now the tiny plants measure the length of my finger (to the first joint). I whisper to them every day, to encourage their development. I love this miracle of life; it's always a cause for celebration.

2 comments:

  1. New life, new growth is always precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Marilyn, and also so fragile.

      Delete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)