12 September 2015

#amwriting

It seems appropriate to use the Twitter hashtag as a heading for this post, since Twitter has opened so many opportunities to communicate with other writers. I love the freedom of tweeting with writers I've never met in person but whose books have influenced my life. I'm here on Twitter if you want to say hello.


What I want to share with you today is that I am writing most days now. I've had a couple of ideas for novels for ages and have been researching the craft of writing for years. (I find the series of posts Kaye Dacus is sharing on her page this month and next to be incredibly helpful.) 

That's all very well but to be a writer you have to write, which I am. It's a hard slog but when you really want to do something you have to do the work, don't you? So I'm developing a new habit that is starting to kick in - do the work regularly!

My characters are being fleshed out and last week I was looking for photos so I could visualise them. Want to see my inspiration for my architect character? Pop over to my Facebook page to see and, while you're there, why don't you leave a comment? I'd love to read what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't follow you on twitter already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erik - see you on Twitter!

      Delete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)