08 September 2015

Three things

I'm always grateful that I can choose three things I like each week. Focusing on the positive helps me deal with the negative!

1. Gardens

Last Saturday I had a most enjoyable morning at a Jump into Spring session, presented by Sandra Ross at The Garden Clinic.  Crammed full of useful information, it was so inspirational!



These Dutch irises were in full bloom at the venue - nothing says 'spring' like flowering bulbs! I'll be planting these next year, for sure.

2. Learning

The internet has opened a world of opportunities for learning. I started two online courses through FutureLearn this week and have enrolled for another one, starting next month. They are free, short courses, run by universities in various parts of the world. Check them out - there is an interesting range of subjects.

3. An excursion

Getting out with a friend to visit a new place is an experience I really should do more often. Last week, Brenda and I travelled to Hazelhurst Gallery to see the Labours of Love: Australian Quilts 1845-2015 exhibition. The complete day was a treat; pleasant companionship, a brilliantly sunny Sydney day, a wonderful exhibition, and a tasty lunch. A Good Day Out.



We didn't eat at the gallery's cafe but I snapped this photo of garden implements that were on one of the walls at the cafe. Loved the way they were displayed.

What things do you like this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)