15 September 2015

Three things

If we don't seek out the good things in our lives, they just pass by, unnoticed. My weekly effort to focus on the positive has changed the way I observe my days. Here are three things I like this week.

1. Twitter

Last night, the Liberal Party changed its leader and, therefore, we now have a new Prime Minister. As events unfolded from 4pm, Twitter was the place to be. Posts by people I follow were informative, opinionated, and laugh-out-loud funny. It was a brilliant night's entertainment.

2. Sydney Swans
OK, we lost the first qualifying final but we have a second chance to progress by winning the semi-final on Saturday. With so many players out injured, I'm not sure how we can win but I'm sure the team will give its best. Fingers crossed.

3. Planting

Gardening is all about planning, especially when bulbs and tubers are involved. I missed my opportunity to grow dahlias last year and am determined not to do so this time. Aren't these glorious? I planted them yesterday and will be eagerly waiting for the first shoots to emerge.



What do you like this week?

2 comments:

  1. Went to the Annette gero exhibition at manly today. Excellent. And did some gardening,too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it to Manly yet - good to hear you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the ferry trip as much as the exhibition!

      Delete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)