05 October 2015

My book of the month: October

My favourite novel this month is an immensely satisfying tale that shows the complexity of human emotions. We all make assumptions about people's behaviour based on what we think we know about them, right? What if we are wrong?




Some readers may interpret this as a contemporary reworking of Pride and Prejudice but I have to confess that never occurred to me while I was reading it. It was only afterwards that I could see the similarities in the plot. Such clever writing by Marianne Kavanagh.

Linked by Eva, Kim's sister and Harry's best friend, these two characters see the world through different eyes. They don't understand each other fully until the very end, when a potential tragedy is averted. The story has a most satisfactory ending when, I admit, I shed tears of happiness.



Read more about this book on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)