02 January 2016

My book of the month: January

What an astonishing story. I was engrossed and wanted to know so much more about the narrator's life even before the secret in the plot was revealed. 


Rosemary's sister has vanished from her life and her brother has walked away from home. What could possibly have happened to cause this fracture in the Cooke family? I'm certainly not going to tell you but, if you want to read a story about sibling love and rivalry, and how a family falls apart, this is the novel for you.

Read more about We are all completely beside ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler on Goodreads. 

7 comments:

  1. Your first January read? It's only the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And your point is? :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a page-turner! I'll mark it down as one to read this year. Sometimes, though, I think I could write my own version along those themes! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story certainly has a twist - I didn't see it coming!

      Delete
  3. I read it after listening to an article on the radio, really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! It was a fun read.

      Delete
  4. My January book was The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)