13 January 2016

On the flip side

Yesterday, I posted an opinion on my Facebook page that somehow reached nearly 3,500 people and attracted a huge number of comments. I was amazed by its reach and disappointed by many of the comments.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions. That would be a ridiculous assumption but I was amazed at the number of people who felt the need to share their disagreement, along with a dose of bile.

I'm no Pollyanna. I can be judgemental and cynical but I'm trying my best to look for the positive aspects of life and to be kind. These commenters weren't and I felt saddened. I won't have rudeness and negativity on my Facebook page so I simply deleted those comments and blocked the posters. 

So let's all be respectful. If you don't agree with someone's post, feel comfortable to say so but do it in a civil way. We aren't all the same, we haven't all had the same experiences, so it's not surprising we won't all agree. Just do it with respect.

5 comments:

  1. Really?? Who cares...I'm happy for anyone who is happy and no one should be alone. i think the 'haters' are just jealous...geeezzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seemed like an awful lot of energy to expend over someone else's business. Why do people care enough to get poisonous about them? Couple of strangers we only know from the media called Rupert and Jerry got together? Good on them, like any couple, I hope they make each other happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. So many unhappy people out there!

      Delete
  3. Im with Robbie in that I think a lot of people are jealous....bitter because theres little happiness in their lives.Me go for it kids ......

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)