09 February 2016

My book of the month: February

Look, if you haven't read any of the 44 Scotland Street series, you're missing some beautiful writing. Alexander McCall Smith is such a wonderful observer of life and its idiosyncrasies and he expresses these so cleverly through his characters. 




This is the tenth book in the series. You could start with The Revolving Door of Life but I don't recommend that. Start with the first title (44 Scotland Street) to discover the gently intertwined lives of the residents, all described charmingly by the author.
 
Delightful yarns, amusing stories and fascinating glimpses into McCall Smith's Scotland. What's not to love?

You can read more about The Revolving Door of Life on Goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. Aaah! When we had our year in Edinburgh last year, I picked up a few of these books and am ashamed to say, still have not got round to reading them! But I will!!! We nearly bought a flat on Scotland Street - it's such a beautiful area! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe everything I know about Edinburgh to Alexander McCall Smith. :-) His writing has such a sense of place.

      Delete
  2. I have only just found this series and once I finished the book Im now reading, I have 44 Scotland Street ready to go. Nice to know someone has read and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. Thank you. I love your book recommendations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I hope you find something to enjoy in this series.

      Delete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)