05 April 2016

Creativity interpreted

Creativity is an elusive concept; explaining how it works is intensely personal. I'm always fascinated by individuals' understanding of the process. 


If you're in Australia, I recommend you watch Matilda and Me on iview (it's available there until 18 April). It's the story of Tim Minchin and how he came to write the music for Matilda: the Musical, a most wonderfully joyful musical, which I thoroughly loved.

I was taken by his description of his process and how all his creativity comes out of his head through his fingers and into the piano keys. Wonderful viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, creativity is a very curious thing. I just don't know how non-creatives get through life, though, actually, I think everyone IS creative in some way. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show was indeed wonderful, Tomos and family saw the Musical in London and just loved it again, saw it twice I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)