03 May 2016

My book of the month - April

I missed posting this in April but you won't mind that, will you?

This is the 17th novel in the Alexandra Cooper series and I enjoyed it more than the earlier ones. I loved the change of point of view for most of the book; the first 70 or so pages is from Alex's perspective but the rest is Mike Chapman's. This revealed the man behind the tough NYPD cop; something we haven't understood too easily in previous books.

Yes, there still was New York history - it was essential to the plot - but not too much. Normally the books in this series are packed full of historical facts that seem superfluous to the story. These are the pages I skim and immediately forget. The author's change of style is a welcome one for me.


You can read more about Devil's Bridge on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)