23 May 2016

My book of the month: May

Oh this is a most wonderful story. It only took five pages to hook me and, I confess, books rarely do that to me so quickly!


Set in England, there are two threads to the story. The first starts in 1796 with Jane Austen and shows us the development of her novels and her relationship with mentor, Richard Mansfield. The second thread is set in the present day and tells how Sophie Collingwood traces a literary mystery.

If you enjoy old books, Jane Austen, mysteries, and love, then First Impressions is for you. I loved it.

Read more about First Impressions on Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. I love anything Jane Austen, so this is for me. Off on hols soon, so will look out for this to take with me. xxCathy

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)