10 October 2016

Have you ever looked at a seed pod?

I found this seed pod while I was walking around a local botanic garden and found myself immediately picking it up from the ground. The shape intrigued me.



Look at the gentle curves and the twisted shape. No flat outer shell here!



I flipped it over and looked at the other side. Its outside is tough and covered with freckles.


A closer look revealed a surface that is rock-like in its appearance, with ruddy earth-like colouring. What a clever way to protect the seeds, the life within.

1 comment:

  1. This time of year always brings it home to me how absolutely fascinating the various kinds of seed pods are and the clever ways nature has of scattering its seeds. Awesome! xCathy

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)