07 November 2016

My book of the month: November

Since I read so many novels, I'm always surprised and delighted when I discover a new-to-me author. I hadn't read any Chris Brookmyre books before but this one looked intriguing so I thought I'd try it.


Wow! It's a fabulous thriller, told from two perspectives: the chief murder suspect and an investigative journalist. Nothing is as straightforward as it seems. The plot twists kept me intrigued until the end was revealed!

The journalist is Jack Parlabane. This is the seventh book in the Jack Parlabane series but Black Widow certainly succeeds as a stand-alone story. I'll be immediately seeking the first six books so I can start reading from the beginning. I love discovering a new series!

You can read more about Black Widow on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)