12 December 2016

My book of the month: December

I enjoy Josephine Moon's stories. They are uplifting and show us that all families have complexities and secrets. The Beekeeper's Secret has an added bonus: the joy of a character's relationship with nature.


The beekeeper character is ex-nun Maria, who has tucked herself away on a secluded mountain to serve what she sees as penance for past events she experienced in the Catholic Church. Her relationship with the bees she cultivates is personal and insightful and I loved the interaction they had.

A happy ending? Of course. That's the pleasure of this novel; it kept me engaged and left me feeling satisfied.

Read more about The Beekeeper's Secret on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)