29 May 2017

Three things I like this week

Right now, the sun is shining and the temperature is cool. I'm sipping green tea while composing this post and life feels good. What better time to list three things I like this week?

1. This book about creative studios

Working in an organised and comfortable environment at home is important to me and I love snooping into the creative spaces of other people. That's why I was excited to finally devour Studio: creative spaces for creative people by Sally Coulthard.


The studio on the cover is too dark for my liking but the book shows studios of all styles, shapes and colours. It certainly satisfied the sticky-beak in me!

2. Flat pack achievements

I was thankful for my Black & Decker rechargeable screwdriver as I assembled three pieces of flat-pack furniture - two bedside tables and an entertainment unit. They all have drawers (six in total) and I managed to put only two sets of drawer tracks in the wrong way. Yay me! 

I may retire from assembling furniture for a while now; I think those pieces are this year's quota.

3. Seeing Ian Rankin

The Sydney Writers' Festival wrapped up on the weekend and we attended one of the sessions on Saturday. What a thrill to hear Scottish writer Ian Rankin in conversation with Candice FoxIt was an entertaining chat and he recounted some funny and fascinating stories. 


I always like to learn more about authors who write my favourite books and this session did not disappoint. How fortunate we were that he travelled from the other side of the world to engage us.

How is your week? Have you had any positive experiences? Share them in the comments so we can all enjoy them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)