18 September 2017

Monday motivation

I love Mondays because I try to be by myself, without commitments that take me away from home. Today's motivation is looking through my idea notebooks, where there are so many ideas waiting to be developed.


There is one problem, though. I flit from idea to idea and can't focus on a single one. Is this a form of procrastination or am I scared to start? Probably both in my case. Do you ever have this difficulty? 

Here's how I overcome it: simply make a choice, any choice, and then start writing.

As long as I'm not on a deadline (and I don't have any of those at present), it doesn't really matter what I write but just that I do write. Start and then the words will come.

You may not be a writer but there might be quilt pattern ideas in your notebook or a list of projects for your garden. It doesn't matter what your ideas are. Take the first step. Go on. That's all that's needed to make something happen.

Do you think this approach would work for you if you are overwhelmed by choices?  I'd love to know! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiastic comments Erica. Always read your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gina, that's kind of you!

    ReplyDelete

Make me happy - please leave a comment!

(No anonymous comments, thanks.)