Are you ready for your regular round up of textile news? Here are TWELVE links for you to explore.
* See photos of the Australian quilts that will be on display at the Carrefour Européen du Patchwork/
European Patchwork Meeting in France next month.
* Classes for The Embroiderers' Guild NSW Summer School in January 2015 have been announced.
* Did you know there is a Modern Quilt Guild in Tasmania? Yes, there is! Check out their Facebook page.
* Lindsay Conner provides her tips for pressing a finished quilt.
* Are you a Dr Who fan? Here are crochet patterns for the Whovians in your life.
* Congratulations to all the prize-winners at the Canberra Quilters' Show. You can see photos here.
* How much does an author receive for a quilt book? Here's Sam Hunter's view.
* World Quilt Competition prize winners here.
* Part two of a series of articles from TextileArtist.org on the best hand emroidery books. This article has an emphasis on practical use
within modern textile and fibre art.
* The second issue of the free Through Our Hands digital magazine is now out.
* On 31 August, Dianne Firth will be speaking at the National Library of Australia in Canberra on Layers by Design: Landscapes and Quilts.
* On 28 August, there is a talk in the Floor Talk Series on Mid Century Textiles - Then and Now. National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne VIC.