Hello and welcome again to Textiles Tuesday. This time, I have 12 items for you to explore.
* Modern Quilt Show Australia: call for entries! Closing date 3 May. The entry form is here.
* From Business Insider: The Most Successful Creative People Constantly Say 'No' by Kevin Ashton. Worth reading!
* Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr will be teaching in Australia in June. Full details here.
* Issue 4 of Through Our Hands online textile magazine now available. It's free!
* 14-15 March: The Handmade Market, Canberra, ACT.
* World Quilt Competition: call for Australian entries. Closing date: 18 May.
* Knitting is a Right, Not a Privilege, says Work Even. I highly recommend this article.
The most important quote, for me: "The magic is that I’ve developed a skill that decreases my dependence on consumer culture."
* Wow! Check out what Brian Dettmer creates with old books.
* Like zentangling? Here's a new ebook, A New Twist on Tangle String Lines, from the talented Jane Monk.
* Until 5 April: Golden Textures, Maryborough VIC.
* 27 and 28 March: Margaret Sampson-George exhibition, Wonga Park, VIC
* Don't say I didn't warn you - this website is a place you can spend
hours browsing. Produced by the International Quilt Study Center and
Museum, the first first module, The American Story, is now available. It
I hope you've found something of interest here. Send me an email if you know of a fabulous article or event, too!